Before we start with the fashion advice, the following are some simple yet often overlooked tips that can help you appear taller:
1. Maintaining good posture is key if you want to hit your maximum height potential. Remember to sit with your back straight and stand proud with your head up high at all times. A slouched stance will only make you look shorter, not to mention insecure.
2. Keep in mind that, as a general rule, short hair works best for shorter men. Long hair tends to hide the neck and shoulders, making your head and body look like one body part, which doesn't help you in your quest to look taller.
Wear vertical stripes: Anything that elongates your height is a good thing. For example, vertical stripes in clothing can help extend the look of your shorter body.
Opt for dark shades & light fabrics: In addition, dark colors, especially black, tend to have a slimming effect and help shorter men seem more elongated. The same applies to light or medium-weight fabrics. Heavier fabrics, on the other hand, tend to make you look bulkier and shorter.
A proper fit is key: Remember it's important that your clothes fit flawlessly. Looser garments can make you look stumpy, so opt for a fit that is trim rather than baggy. In terms of sweaters and T-shirts, V-necks can help make your torso look longer. Turtlenecks, on the other hand, can make you look stumpy, as they conceal your neck.
Pants: Do not wear your pants too high; you should wear them just above your hips. Also, avoid wearing low-rise pants (even if they are the trendier alternative), as they tend to make legs look shorter than they already are. Your trousers should break on your shoes slightly more than average, to help make your legs look longer by covering your socks properly. Finally, keep in mind that pants with no pleats or a single pleat are more flattering than multiple pleats.
Just look good: Just remember that the key is not necessarily to look as tall you can, but to look as good as you can. The proper fit and the right styles can make you look great, regardless of your height.Courtesy: Askmen.com
Recent Blog Posts
- Wearing a Watch is Important for these Reasons!
- New Trend – The Shearling Jackets
- Celebrate this Christmas in a Stylish Way!
- Rock your look in Green Color!
- Styling Navy Chinos is an easy job!
- Styling 'Prints' is now easy!
- Styling 'Chelsea Boots' is now easy!
- Rules for styling 'Tuxedo'
- Tie- A Style Guide
- Dress for Success: Workplace Style Tips